Quality Assurance for a Global Supply Chain Program
Our client is a highly recognized health system of inpatient care, outpatient health centers, medical groups and virtual care services. With the increased demand for clinical performance analytics and Value Stream Metrics (VSM) projects, our client’s Clinical Business & Analytics organization engaged with Kenny & Company to improve the management, visibility and communication of strategic data analytics projects.
The key challenges facing our clients were:
- Project management practices were non-standardized and inconsistent across project teams
- Lean concepts, while effective, were limited in providing leadership visibility into project progress, or ability to effectively communicate status to stakeholders outside of the organization
- Current Lean methods were limited in the project team’s ability to estimate and manage project scope, adjust to changes in requirements, or re-prioritize with associated resource and schedule impact analysis
Client & Engagement Quick Facts
- Five month project duration
- Assessed current lean project management practices to identify the optimal approach for incorporating Agile methods
- Developed and implemented Agile processes, tools, and templates across three project teams
Kenny & Company utilized our proprietary Lagging-to-Leading Indicators for Agile Methodology framework to assess and make actionable recommendations. Our framework assesses agile readiness in five key focus areas: 1) Agile Methods, 2) Project Planning & Estimating, 3) Project Tools & Artifacts, 4) Project Communication & Collaboration, and 5) Project Retrospective & Continuous Improvement. Based on our assessment, Kenny & Company recommended and implemented agile practices tailored to our client’s project teams by developing the applicable tools and processes, then drove adoption of integrated agile practices through coaching and active participation in projects.
Our client team improved project management by using standardized project templates to capture Product Backlogs, perform Sprint Planning, estimate User Stories, and to provide a weekly status including high priority risks and issues. Through project standardization the team is more efficient through shorter and more focused huddles. Overall, the program view of resources, schedule and product delivery is improved through standardization and implementation of agile practices.
About Kenny & Company
Kenny & Company is a management consulting firm offering Strategy, Operations and Technology services to our clients.
We exist because we love to do the work. After management consulting for 20+ years at some of the largest consulting companies globally, our partners realized that when it comes to consulting, bigger doesn’t always mean better. Instead, we’ve created a place where our ideas and opinions are grounded in experience, analysis and facts, leading to real problem solving and real solutions – a truly collaborative experience with our clients making their business our business.
We focus on getting the work done and prefer to let our work speak for itself. When we do speak, we don’t talk about ourselves, but rather about what we do for our clients. We’re proud of the strong character our entire team brings, the high intensity in which we thrive, and above all, doing great work.