Quality Assurance for a Global Supply Chain Program
Our client is an Enterprise Software company in the insurance industry implementing their policy automation solution – workflow management, forms, content delivery and customer relationship management at a key customer. Projects at this customer have historically presented various challenges including the following:
- Minimal budget, forecast and resource management causing unpredictable estimates at completion (EACs)
- Incomplete requirements leading to open-ended project timelines
- Unclear prioritization of projects
Engagement Quick Facts
- Project Durations: Six months
- Development Environment: Java, XML
- FTE: 60+
- Geographies: CA, AZ, NV, UT
An Agile (Scrum) methodology was introduced with integrated Project Management key processes:
- Comprehensive program/project status reporting providing dashboard of key accomplishments, risks and issues, budget status, forecast and changes to scope
- Discovery processes and Change Orders to manage scope changes
- Management of resources on projects through detailed tracking of actual and forecasted hours by project by resource
- Agile Center of Excellence (ACE) to provide guidelines for project management best practices
- Defined list of projects in flight and in the pipeline and developed a program/project roadmap with prioritization
Teaming with our client, Kenny & Company has been able to implement customer projects within agreed to timelines, budget and scope. Projects have a clear ending and transition to production support. Resources are better utilized with no gaps in chargeability. The customer has a roadmap of future projects.
- Successful implementations for our client with strategic roadmap
- Improved chargeability and increased revenue for our client
About Kenny & Company
Kenny & Company is a management consulting firm offering Strategy, Operations and Technology services to our clients.
We exist because we love to do the work. After management consulting for 20+ years at some of the largest consulting companies globally, our partners realized that when it comes to consulting, bigger doesn’t always mean better. Instead, we’ve created a place where our ideas and opinions are grounded in experience, analysis and facts, leading to real problem solving and real solutions – a truly collaborative experience with our clients making their business our business.
We focus on getting the work done and prefer to let our work speak for itself. When we do speak, we don’t talk about ourselves, but rather about what we do for our clients. We’re proud of the strong character our entire team brings, the high intensity in which we thrive, and above all, doing great work.