Quality Assurance for a Global Supply Chain Program
Our client is an Enterprise Software company that offers a policy automation suite for the property and casualty insurance industry. Their rapid growth has resulted in an increasing need to improve collaboration and the sharing of information across the enterprise and externally with customers with a new scalable cloud based solution.
The key challenges facing our clients were:
- Information was managed and stored in multiple locations and was communicated in a variety of non-streamlined methods
- Existing platform for knowledge and content management was outdated with limited performance and functionality
- Decentralized content management resulted in inability to find documents or outdated document versions being used
Client & Engagement Quick Facts
- Conducted interviews and facilitated decisions with key stakeholders to understand and define requirements pertaining to people, process, and technology
- Evaluated cloud based collaboration and content management technologies, hosting vendors, migration partners, and migration tools
- Migration Statistics: 137 internal users (employees and contractors), over 235 external users (customers), and over 200 GB of data
After all requirements were identified and validated by key stakeholders, Kenny & Company managed the evaluation and selection process of new cloud based platform and supporting partners, proceeding with Microsoft’s Office 365 based on suitability to our client’s requirements, cost, features, functionality, scalability, and support. Kenny & Company planned for and executed a successful migration to SharePoint Online 2010 and Exchange Online 2010 coordinating all internal and external activities and communications. Post-migration Kenny & Company provided internal and external user support, performed knowledge transfer to IT, worked with migration partner to stabilize system, and implemented customizations and workflows to bring the new site to the desired working state.
The migration to Office 365 provides our client an economical, robust and scalable cloud solution, enabling them to stay current with future updates and releases of SharePoint, Exchange, and Office. SharePoint 2010 has improved collaboration and knowledge management for all users and reduced our client’s monthly costs while delivering new features and path for scalability.
About Kenny & Company
Kenny & Company is a management consulting firm offering Strategy, Operations and Technology services to our clients.
We exist because we love to do the work. After management consulting for 20+ years at some of the largest consulting companies globally, our partners realized that when it comes to consulting, bigger doesn’t always mean better. Instead, we’ve created a place where our ideas and opinions are grounded in experience, analysis and facts, leading to real problem solving and real solutions – a truly collaborative experience with our clients making their business our business.
We focus on getting the work done and prefer to let our work speak for itself. When we do speak, we don’t talk about ourselves, but rather about what we do for our clients. We’re proud of the strong character our entire team brings, the high intensity in which we thrive, and above all, doing great work.