Quality Assurance for a Global Supply Chain Program
Our client is a global cloud storage and file synchronization provider. As their global contingent workforce continues to grow, they needed to replace the current email based and manual process for sourcing and on-boarding new contingent workers by partnering with a Managed Services Program (MSP) provider to run their program and implement a supporting Vendor Management & Contingent Worker System (VMS).
The key issues that faced our client were:
- Long lead times or low quality due poor supplier performance.
- Legacy negotiated rates, terms & conditions resulted in varying costs and contractual terms across similar worker types.
- Higher rates being paid for standard (lower cost) job profiles.
- Manual, spreadsheet-based requisition and management, sourcing, and on-boarding processes resulted in errors.
- Limited worker awareness of company standards, security policies, etc. created a risk of non-policy compliance and security violations.
Client & Engagement Quick Facts
- Nine month engagement
- Formal RFP through selection of leading MSP and VMS providers
- Managed new, outsourced contingent workforce program implementation with VMS systems integration with Workday HRIS
- Transitioned $50M of contingent worker spend into new program
- Expected cost savings of 20%-30% through renegotiated rates
Kenny & Company led the formal evaluation, recommendation, and selection of a Managed Services Provider with supporting Vendor Management System. We managed partner’s implementation team and client’s cross-functional People Ops, Finance, Legal, IT, Security functional and technical teams.
Our client now has a dedicated, onsite program team and single point of contact for all sourcing, on-boarding, extensions, off-boarding, and consolidated billing. Supplier contracts and rates have all been renegotiated and aligned to current market rates. New supplier and worker system automates, streamlines and centralizes the requisition creation, candidate sourcing and selection, on-boarding, and time & expense management, delivering cost reduction and efficiency, consolidated billing, and sophisticated global spend analysis and reporting.
About Kenny & Company
Kenny & Company is a management consulting firm offering Strategy, Operations and Technology services to our clients.
We exist because we love to do the work. After management consulting for 20+ years at some of the largest consulting companies globally, our partners realized that when it comes to consulting, bigger doesn’t always mean better. Instead, we’ve created a place where our ideas and opinions are grounded in experience, analysis and facts, leading to real problem solving and real solutions – a truly collaborative experience with our clients making their business our business.
We focus on getting the work done and prefer to let our work speak for itself. When we do speak, we don’t talk about ourselves, but rather about what we do for our clients. We’re proud of the strong character our entire team brings, the high intensity in which we thrive, and above all, doing great work.