Quality Assurance for a Global Supply Chain Program
Our client is a highly recognized county-based public health delivery system that is making substantial infrastructure and operational changes to keep pace with health reform. Our client wanted to better understand and fix prevalent data quality issues in order to be in compliance with health plan and state regulations.
The key issues that faced our client were:
- Disparate systems capturing data inconsistently and incompletely.
- Variable processes and commitment to capture important data in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Pressure from both Medi-Cal managed care health plans to provide higher quality encounter and ancillary data, to meet state-regulated compliance guidelines.
Engagement Quick Facts
- Owns and manages four hospitals, several of which are teaching hospitals affiliated with universities, numerous hospital-based clinics and community health centers.
- Rolling implementation of a new EHR system that, in certain areas, both continues to propagate data integrity issues and creates new issues.
- Input from 12 end users in a variety of positions (physicians, nurses, administrators, technologists, managers) provided insight with system, process and operational data challenges.
After performing root-cause discovery on data quality issues at one facility, we developed comprehensive function-based process maps to identify each potential failure point, from a data quality perspective. We documented system configuration, process and role-based changes to improve data quality. We participated in work group meetings with the health plans to facilitate discussion on findings and recommendations.
Our client has deep insight into the root causes of data quality issues and a path forward to both resolve current and avoid future issues. In addition, our client now has a robust methodology to assess, document, resolve and communicate data quality issues across the delivery system.
About Kenny & Company
Kenny & Company is a management consulting firm offering Strategy, Operations and Technology services to our clients.
We exist because we love to do the work. After management consulting for 20+ years at some of the largest consulting companies globally, our partners realized that when it comes to consulting, bigger doesn’t always mean better. Instead, we’ve created a place where our ideas and opinions are grounded in experience, analysis and facts, leading to real problem solving and real solutions – a truly collaborative experience with our clients making their business our business.
We focus on getting the work done and prefer to let our work speak for itself. When we do speak, we don’t talk about ourselves, but rather about what we do for our clients. We’re proud of the strong character our entire team brings, the high intensity in which we thrive, and above all, doing great work.