Quality Assurance for a Global Supply Chain Program
Our client is an award‐winning Independent Physician Association located in Northern California. As the healthcare industry shifts away from the fee‐ for‐service payment model, our client’s top priority is to more closely align with the movement towards alternative payment models, such as Medicare Advantage (MA) Risk Adjustment Factor (RAF) reimbursement.
The key challenges facing our clients were:
- A lack of insight and resolution into encounter data integrity issues occurring at each phase of the encounter data lifecycle.
- Multiple unmanaged vendors supporting the RAF program with unmeasured outcomes and lack of cross‐department coordination.
- Several analytics systems producing conflicting risk score information, with no agreement as to the ‘source of truth’.
- Misalignment between physician network reimbursement incentives and RAF score improvement.
- RAF program ownership and operations buried within a small department creating low organizational visibility, empowerment and organizational commitment.
Client & Engagement Quick Facts
- Client has a provider network of over 1,500 physicians, spanning across 40 cities and serving more than 300,000 patients
- Eight‐month project duration, beginning with current state discovery and finishing with detailed recommendations, some of which we implemented, monitored and refined.
- Presented project findings, analysis, recommendations, ROI and improved operational outcomes across four leadership meetings.
Through our discovery process, we identified RAF program failure points, provided prioritized solutions (based on expected ROI), work plans to implement solutions and managed several solutions to operational readiness and monitoring. We implemented a single vendor solution to perform high‐quality Annual Wellness Visits (AWV), including a timely audit and feedback loop. We served in an interim management position and provided business ownership as well as project management support to implement a risk management analytics system.
Our client continues to use our RAF Program improvement recommendations to implement additional solutions, monitor the change and make refinements to improve their RAF score.
About Kenny & Company
Kenny & Company is a management consulting firm offering Strategy, Operations and Technology services to our clients.
We exist because we love to do the work. After management consulting for 20+ years at some of the largest consulting companies globally, our partners realized that when it comes to consulting, bigger doesn’t always mean better. Instead, we’ve created a place where our ideas and opinions are grounded in experience, analysis and facts, leading to real problem solving and real solutions – a truly collaborative experience with our clients making their business our business.
We focus on getting the work done and prefer to let our work speak for itself. When we do speak, we don’t talk about ourselves, but rather about what we do for our clients. We’re proud of the strong character our entire team brings, the high intensity in which we thrive, and above all, doing great work.