Quality Assurance for a Global Supply Chain Program
Our client is a global cloud storage and file synchronization provider. The People Operations’ technology architecture comprised several point-to-point integrations with Workday to provision employee centric data to downstream systems. They needed to reduce the operational burden and cost of ongoing integration development and maintenance with a cloud data warehouse to all employee and HR related data in one place and replace several integrations with a single custom HR API. The data warehouse will also become the source of employee data to deliver better analytics and visualizations through Tableau.
The key issues that faced our client were:
- Proliferation of 15+ point-to-point integrations with Workday required increasing technical resources and costs to maintain.
- Any up/downstream system releases or enhancements required integration updates and regression testing.
- Tableau environment had poor performance due to volume of data taxing system architecture.
Client & Engagement Quick Facts
- Nine month engagement
- Developed and managed formal RFP through selection process with participating vendors including Accenture, Deloitte, HPE, others
- Led cloud technology requirements scoping and contracting with Dell Boomi for API management and AWS for cloud data warehouse
- Managed overall program and selected partner agile development and delivery efforts
Kenny & Company led the formal evaluation, recommendation, and selection of a systems integration and technology partner that had the expertise, experience and cultural alignment to deliver the right cloud solution for our client. We managed the overall program and partner’s agile delivery performance, supported solution testing, and launch of the data warehouse and custom HR API.
Our client has been able to deprecate point-to-point integrations with 10+ downstream HR API consumers and have reallocated support resources to other strategic projects, reducing ongoing operational and maintenance costs. They’ve also gained deeper employee insight through more sophisticated Tableau analytics with improved performance.
About Kenny & Company
Kenny & Company is a management consulting firm offering Strategy, Operations and Technology services to our clients.
We exist because we love to do the work. After management consulting for 20+ years at some of the largest consulting companies globally, our partners realized that when it comes to consulting, bigger doesn’t always mean better. Instead, we’ve created a place where our ideas and opinions are grounded in experience, analysis and facts, leading to real problem solving and real solutions – a truly collaborative experience with our clients making their business our business.
We focus on getting the work done and prefer to let our work speak for itself. When we do speak, we don’t talk about ourselves, but rather about what we do for our clients. We’re proud of the strong character our entire team brings, the high intensity in which we thrive, and above all, doing great work.