Quality Assurance for a Global Supply Chain Program
Our client is a cloud-based enterprise software company that provides a suite of products and services for the global insurance industry. Our client wanted to improve sales of its hosted service offering by educating customers on the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of managing an enterprise software platform and on the benefits of a Software as a Service (SaaS) model.
The key issues that faced our client were:
- Prospective customers were making key IT decisions based on incomplete information – leading to an increasing number of customers opting to self-host the software platform
- Existing customers encountered numerous issues and challenges as a result of self-hosting – resulting in more (not less) support from our client
Client & Engagement Quick Facts
- Three month project duration
- 11 interviews with SMEs to identify benefits and offerings of hosted
- 200+ references from 80+ sources to identify leading practices
- Designed and developed sales and marketing tools to promote the hosted offering and implemented new approach to sell hosted services
After completing the research and assessment phase to understand and analyze industry leading practices for estimating true costs of self-hosting a software solution, Kenny & Company developed key sales and marketing tools to improve the SaaS offerings and benefits messaging and to provide customers with an accurate total cost of ownership comparison between hosted and self-hosted solutions.
Our client can improve the sales of its hosted service offering through the new approach and tools developed. Prospective customers are now better informed about the benefits, requirements, and the total cost of ownership of a hosted compared to a self-hosted model.
About Kenny & Company
Kenny & Company is a management consulting firm offering Strategy, Operations and Technology services to our clients.
We exist because we love to do the work. After management consulting for 20+ years at some of the largest consulting companies globally, our partners realized that when it comes to consulting, bigger doesn’t always mean better. Instead, we’ve created a place where our ideas and opinions are grounded in experience, analysis and facts, leading to real problem solving and real solutions – a truly collaborative experience with our clients making their business our business.
We focus on getting the work done and prefer to let our work speak for itself. When we do speak, we don’t talk about ourselves, but rather about what we do for our clients. We’re proud of the strong character our entire team brings, the high intensity in which we thrive, and above all, doing great work.