Quality Assurance for a Global Supply Chain Program
Our client is a Fortune 200 Consumer Goods company and a global manufacturer and retailer of apparel footwear & accessories. Our client was seeking to create a responsive supply chain – inclusive of raw materials, work in progress, and finished goods. A project was in progress to research responsive supply chain models and to develop a proof of concept for popular retail items.
The key issues that faced our client were:
- Multiple third-party vendors working on the project with misaligned objectives
- Continuing failure to deliver expected deliverables at key project milestones
- Inaccurate work and time estimates
- Budget overrun, with lack of supporting issues or corrective actions to identify reasons for or correct overrun
- Lack of executive visibility
Client & Engagement Quick Facts
- Initial project budget of $840k
- Three third-party vendors, with 9 person team of client and third-party vendor staff
- Significant multi-system data required for analysis of responsive supply chain parameters
As part of the project triage, an agile-like approach was developed to provide client transparency. A backlog of items relating to deliverables in the third-party statements of work was developed with weekly updates to hours remaining on each item leading to accurate Estimates To Complete (ETC). This approach allowed client leadership to better coordinate the client and third-party vendor staff engaged on the project.
- Align client and third-party vendor objectives
- Implement agile-like approach to project
- Develop earned-value tracking level for project deliverables
Kenny & Company assisted our client in providing accountability against estimates, prioritization of work, and resolution of critical issues. As a result the project went from an estimate of completing significantly over budget to completion $100k below budget in the same timeframe.
About Kenny & Company
Kenny & Company is a management consulting firm offering Strategy, Operations and Technology services to our clients.
We exist because we love to do the work. After management consulting for 20+ years at some of the largest consulting companies globally, our partners realized that when it comes to consulting, bigger doesn’t always mean better. Instead, we’ve created a place where our ideas and opinions are grounded in experience, analysis and facts, leading to real problem solving and real solutions – a truly collaborative experience with our clients making their business our business.
We focus on getting the work done and prefer to let our work speak for itself. When we do speak, we don’t talk about ourselves, but rather about what we do for our clients. We’re proud of the strong character our entire team brings, the high intensity in which we thrive, and above all, doing great work.