Quality Assurance for a Global Supply Chain Program
Our client is a Fortune 200 Consumer Goods company and a global manufacturer and retailer of apparel, footwear and accessories. Our client was seeking to retrofit a North American Distribution Center’s warehouse management system and convert the manual and outdated processes to support a more nimble and responsive supply chain. At Go-Live, our client experienced significant problems across inbound, outbound, sorting, labeling and shipping. The objective of the After Action Review was to answer three main questions:
- How did we get here?
- What are the lessons learned?
- What are the recommendations for future implementations?
The key issues that faced our client were:
- Leadership turnover throughout the project
- Inadequate governance from project steering committee
- Lack of proper program management team and project management rigor
- Incomplete systems testing prior to Go-Live
- Transition management and training gaps
Client & Engagement Quick Facts
- Conducted a full program audit, interviewing 26 program team members over a one month period
- Developed nine key Reasons for Failure, 28 Lessons Learned, and 36 Recommendations supported by interview observations and inferences from project documentation
Kenny & Company conducted a program audit, 26 interviews of program team members and stakeholders, and a thorough review of program artifacts, to determine the root causes of program success and failure. We developed nine key Reasons for Failure, 28 Lessons Learned and 36 Recommendations for future implementations.
Our client now has a prioritized list of Reasons for Failure, Lessons Learned and Recommendations to enable our client to improve future implementations and increase benefits realization.
About Kenny & Company
Kenny & Company is a management consulting firm offering Strategy, Operations and Technology services to our clients.
We exist because we love to do the work. After management consulting for 20+ years at some of the largest consulting companies globally, our partners realized that when it comes to consulting, bigger doesn’t always mean better. Instead, we’ve created a place where our ideas and opinions are grounded in experience, analysis and facts, leading to real problem solving and real solutions – a truly collaborative experience with our clients making their business our business.
We focus on getting the work done and prefer to let our work speak for itself. When we do speak, we don’t talk about ourselves, but rather about what we do for our clients. We’re proud of the strong character our entire team brings, the high intensity in which we thrive, and above all, doing great work.