Quality Assurance for a Global Supply Chain Program
Our client is a Fortune 200 Consumer Goods company and a global manufacturer and retailer of apparel footwear & accessories. Our client was seeking to build a Portfolio Management function to enable business decision making and new supply chain capabilities and processes.
The key issues that faced our client were:
- A large number of initiatives, some being run as projects and others grouped with staff day-to-day activities with limited understanding of which efforts aligned to the organizations strategic priorities
- Limited understanding and estimation of time or effort for initiatives
- Inability to level efforts and minimize resource capacity constraints
- Difficulty in communicating the overall capability investment plan
- Many projects, some not tracked, with no value or effort measures
- Unable to perform long range planning of efforts within resource constraints
- Unable to share vision and roadmap of investments and rationale for priorities
- Light-weight dashboard & roadmap
Client & Engagement Quick Facts
- Six month duration
- Developed flexible light-weight portfolio roadmaps and dashboards
- Implemented idea scoping / brainstorming processes, and prioritization metrics to help guide investment decisions
We developed a portfolio management function focused on:
- Value and effort measures aligned to business objectives for the group, rating all initiatives present and future
- Automated roadmaps showing duration and effort of initiatives
- Dashboards showing financial , staff labor vs. capacity, external labor requirements, and initiative demographic information
- Process for understanding, scoping and brainstorming methods to develop early stage ideas
Our client went from having limited understanding of their capacity and initiative ROI to a portfolio view of how each initiative impacted capacity and budget, and added value to the organization. In addition, completely modified workflows provided more integration and less duplication. The team also went from having a few experts in project scoping to having all resources capable of scoping ideas, in focused group exercises, reducing early stage scope problems as the ideas transitioned to projects.
- Understanding of project priority and effort requirements
- Significant improvement to early stage scoping and idea construction
- Ability to identify maximum capacity of parallel efforts over a multiyear range
About Kenny & Company
Kenny & Company is a management consulting firm offering Strategy, Operations and Technology services to our clients.
We exist because we love to do the work. After management consulting for 20+ years at some of the largest consulting companies globally, our partners realized that when it comes to consulting, bigger doesn’t always mean better. Instead, we’ve created a place where our ideas and opinions are grounded in experience, analysis and facts, leading to real problem solving and real solutions – a truly collaborative experience with our clients making their business our business.
We focus on getting the work done and prefer to let our work speak for itself. When we do speak, we don’t talk about ourselves, but rather about what we do for our clients. We’re proud of the strong character our entire team brings, the high intensity in which we thrive, and above all, doing great work.