Quality Assurance for a Global Supply Chain Program
Our client is a Fortune 200 consumer goods company and a global manufacturer and retailer of apparel footwear and accessories. Our client sought to effectively manage incoming requests from global stakeholders as they implemented a new software application to manage their supply chain warehouses worldwide.
The key challenges facing our clients were:
- Confusion about functionality and configuration request process among stakeholders while remaining aligned with a new global software application
- Inconsistent and unclear requests submitted to leadership teams with limited time to make decisions
- Leadership teams unable to make trade-off decisions due to undefined requirements
Client & Engagement Quick Facts
- Stakeholders mainly comprised of digital, supply chain, and distribution center teams across 17 countries
- Leadership teams collocated only 30% of the fiscal year
- Multimillion dollar software application rolled out in three phases over a period of 9 months in parallel
Requirements were gathered from leadership teams to identify what criteria must be met in order to quickly make sound business decisions. Decision criteria were standardized, a model for processing requests was implemented, and training and documentation was authored and provided to request stakeholders.
Kenny & Company assisted the client in adopting a new method for managing requests, introducing decision criteria that was consistent and relevant for leadership, and delivering clear request expectations to stakeholders. Time leadership teams spent on approving requests was reduced by approximately 20%, time to resolve requests increased by approximately 50%, and the request management model introduced zero delays into the global software rollouts.
About Kenny & Company
Kenny & Company is a management consulting firm offering Strategy, Operations and Technology services to our clients.
We exist because we love to do the work. After management consulting for 20+ years at some of the largest consulting companies globally, our partners realized that when it comes to consulting, bigger doesn’t always mean better. Instead, we’ve created a place where our ideas and opinions are grounded in experience, analysis and facts, leading to real problem solving and real solutions – a truly collaborative experience with our clients making their business our business.
We focus on getting the work done and prefer to let our work speak for itself. When we do speak, we don’t talk about ourselves, but rather about what we do for our clients. We’re proud of the strong character our entire team brings, the high intensity in which we thrive, and above all, doing great work.