Quality Assurance for a Global Supply Chain Program
Our client is a Fortune 200 Consumer Goods company and a global manufacturer and retailer of apparel, footwear & accessories. Our client was seeking to ensure successful deployment of a new pricing and promotion capabilities program. The program was at an inflection point moving to the final stages of implementation but was reporting status as red and had reset the delivery date.
The key challenges that faced the organization were:
- Ambiguity and lack of agreement on what constituted a successful implementation
- Mixture of classical “Waterfall” and Agile practices obscuring the true status of whether or not the program was on track
- Challenging organizational environment with multiple sponsors, stakeholders, and geos making it difficult to align
- Dependencies on various external teams for delivery of solution components
- Multiple status reports for various audiences often miscommunicating status and messages
- Limited focus on how to realize value from the implementation
- Misaligned expectations between business and technology stakeholders
Client & Engagement Quick Facts
- 28 artifacts reviewed and analyzed and 21 interviews with senior leaders and executives over a 5-week period
- Developed 200+ Inferences, Themes, and Observations to support strategic and tactical recommendations
We developed seven strategic and 22 tactical recommendations to improve program delivery. The client formed teams to implement recommendations to clarify definition of success among stakeholders, implement standard, metrics based program tracking and status reporting, implement a comprehensive operating model, and create a business value realization workstream.
Kenny & Company assisted our client by helping to prioritize the strategic and tactical recommendations, facilitated creation of improvement teams, and assisted with implementation to put the program on the road to successful delivery and realization of benefits.
About Kenny & Company
Kenny & Company is a management consulting firm offering Strategy, Operations and Technology services to our clients.
We exist because we love to do the work. After management consulting for 20+ years at some of the largest consulting companies globally, our partners realized that when it comes to consulting, bigger doesn’t always mean better. Instead, we’ve created a place where our ideas and opinions are grounded in experience, analysis and facts, leading to real problem solving and real solutions – a truly collaborative experience with our clients making their business our business.
We focus on getting the work done and prefer to let our work speak for itself. When we do speak, we don’t talk about ourselves, but rather about what we do for our clients. We’re proud of the strong character our entire team brings, the high intensity in which we thrive, and above all, doing great work.